Sunday, September 20, 2009

split bus door glass restore part 1

Split bus front doors windows are a neat piece of engineering . With the shop truck  getting
a slow rebuild,  part by part, I am  taking each subassembly 

Photobucket

 all the way apart

Photobucket
 then fixing anything that need to be fixed , M8 studs in this case . After removing all coatings we now have bare steel, 

Photobucket
Photobucket

well that needs to be sealed with an epoxy sealer then paint, 

Photobucket

after letting the parts cure assembly begins, in doing these windows I found that the og hard ware was to far gone so I replaced them with stainless hardware .
I sourced  replacement rubber/seals/windowfelts  from Wolfburgwest . and started putting it together. The first seal is the vent wing scraper

Photobucket

then the vent wing outer seal start in the bottom and work up the wing window

Photobucket

part 2 I will finnish up the assembly and install the windows
 

No comments:

Post a Comment