Wednesday, April 22, 2009

macafacation now complete

In any business , small or larger, computers play a huge role in the back ground. Information, organization , storage,  communication, advertisement all handled by computers . I have been playing and working on computers since the cassette tape drive  came out. For those of you that are to young to remember that, now I feel old  they look like this .  During my decades pecking on a key board I have been in the microsoft world, dealing with the windows line of products was just that ,dealing with windows. I have become pretty good at crashing the os, As windows has matured it has gotten better,( I did like the NT os) and it has gotten  harder for me to screw up, but I have been crash os's for a few decades and can still do it. Case in point, My good friend , biz partner, graphic designer, web master, art guru,actor rock band and all around level five.... Master Gumby   rebuilt his old G10 tower for the shop to run. Our old server, running NT, and I had a disagreement  and the server decide to take his ball and go home. So the Mac came in ...... and I liked it.It was what I had wanted windows to be, it was smooth, intuitive and clean. the g10 stayed in my office for a bit, till the main house server decided to join his network buddy and crash. So being a man who has been married for 20 years, ( as of yesterday) , and wanting to keep it that way, I brought the Mac in to the house so my wife could do her thing on the web, while biggene built us a new MS computer. Mama Dar tried to use the mac,  and did not like it. She found it hard to switch back and forth between work and home, two different operating systems , so when the new computer was ready, the mac went back to the shop, and I have been on it full time.The more I use it the more I like it, it has gotten to the point if I want to use the computer I would go out to the office instead of using the MS 'chene .I found it clunky, even though it was new.
 Well I also have a lap top, that my brother,  MS and Mac God, had refurbished for me that I have been using when I travel . It is an old IBM Think-pad, a great machine in it time, but it was SLOW, and very limited . But it did the job. Well another friend , Greg had an older G-4 note book, running g-10 that had out lived Greg's usefulness , so he rehabbed it for me, and brought it over yesterday. I LOVE IT. 
 Now Master Gumby has been a mac guy since day one, and had changed jobs a bit back and had to learn the MS OS, not a fun thing he told me Now I understand what he means, it is like talking to a child vrs having conversation with a college grad. Man I love my macs........

1 comment:

  1. It's a sad day when you have to explain to the kids what a CASSETTE DECK is! I'm glad you like your new 'puter, but I will stick with my PC! ;)

    ReplyDelete